Saturday, March 27, 2010

12. Fondant cookie pops

I enjoy making cookie pops and kids love them! In the past I have always done them in royal icing or color flow. This was the first time I decorated them with fondant. I started by cutting the right size of black fondant then the wing colors cut and "glued". Next came the dots, eyes, antennas and putting the little black dots on the eyes. From start to finish it took me 4 hours to decorate the 20 cookie pops! I'm hoping that with practice it will get quicker but it was a good experiment to try them out. I hope to get to try out more fondant cookie pops soon!






To go along with the cookie pops I made a ladybug cake. The ladybug was yellow cake and the bottom part was a 3 layer chocolate cake with butter cream icing.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment