Monday, March 1, 2010

7. Erin's Book Release Party


I meet Erin back in November when she started taking Wilton Classes. At that time she was working on her book : 1000 days of Celibacy . When it was time for her book release Party she asked me to help her with the cake!
The cake was a 4 tiered Coockatoo covered in red fondant feathers. It was designed after the book cover. Each layer was a different flavor cake all filled with butter cream icing.

The book release party took place at Rum Runners . Rum Runners is a dueling piano bar, if you have never been I highly recommend it (especially in the earlier part of the evening before the humor goes straight down the gutter). Angelique and Katie joined Justin and I for the fun. We had an awesome time!
Now to the book itself. In the book, which was first a blog,Erin talks about all the bad experiences she had with dating and why she decided to give up sex for a while. She was hoping to find Mr. Right by the end of her journey.Unfortunately, she hasn't found him yet but I think she learned a lot during her journey, she has now decided to take a break from dating again to focus on her self instead of guys.
To most people in our society 1000 days may seem like a long time to go with out sex but I have to say it's not that long, especially when you are saving sex for marriage. After all Justin and I were together almost 5 years (something like 1800 days) before we got married, and we know plenty of people who have done the same. I won't say that it's an easy thing to do, but it's definitely possible to go that long without sex, even when you are in a relationship!
While we were there it started to snow! Here are some pictures from that snow:


I'm very thankful and blesses to have found my partner for live so early on and wish everyone else the best of luck on their search!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment