North Carolina, at least here in the triangle, doesn't know how to handle snow. I guess it's because we don't get much snow often so there it's easier to just shut down for a few days then to prepare for the snow.
Friday I went out to get some essentials, bread, milk, cereal and a cooler. We figured if we got ice and lost power we would need something to put all our cold things in. Lucky, we never lost power! And we got about 6 inches of snow!!!



I have heard people talk about snow cream but I have never had it so I decided that would be a good try to try out. There are TONS of recipes out there. Most either call for milk and sugar or condensed milk. As I have a lactose intolerance I decided to go with Paula Dean's recipe that calls for condensed milk, also because it called for specific amount of things:
8 cups of snow
1 can condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla.
So first I had to go out side to get snow


Then you add the condensed milk

and mix it all together

Turns out it was pretty yummy! Had we not gotten ice it would have been much smoother but it was tasty none the less.

Sunday we decided to go dig out Justin's car out of the snow as he'll have to go to work no matter what tomorrow. The sun was really warm so while Justin cleared off the Rodea. I decided to make a little snowman.


It was pretty easy to build on the car as there was tons of snow on the car already. Unfortunately, as the sun warmed up the surface it didn't last long ...


Thanks for reading!!
No comments:
Post a Comment