Thursday, January 21, 2010

3. Turning 25

I have had birthday parties before but this year is the first time I had a party at my house on my actual birthday!
I LOVE getting to spend time with my friends so any excuse is a good one to have friends over.
I decided a birthday was a great reason to talk my friends into coming to visit me! I was pleasantly surprised on how many of my friends were willing to make the drive! Most of them came from Greensboro/winston, Kirsten and Matthew came from Virginia. I also appreciate my local friends who made the time to come too!
I really had an awesome time. I didn't take many pictures but here are a few I took and some I stole from Chris:

I also got some awesome gifts! I asked my friends to make me mixed CDs or just send me playlists. So far I have gotten 4 CDs and a couple song lists. I've decided I am going to listen to one CD a week so I'll get to enjoy that for a long time. The kids I babysit for all made me cards which I really enjoy. They all go on the coat closet door and will stay up till they make me new pictures/cards. One of my cool gifts was from Abby:

It's a singing birthday candle firework. Yes, we set it off in the house as we had no idea what it would do (Well Abby knew). It sang happy birthday till you cut the wire. It was AWESOME, and yes it did set of our fire alarm.

And of course I made a cake, well cupcakes. I am horrible at video games but I have always enjoyed Pac Man. When I found some cupcakes I liked online I decided to take the idea and make it my own. The original design had 16 cupcakes but I decided to go with 25 as I was turning 25. I also made pacman sugar cookies and brigadero and beijinhos. I forgot to take pictures of beijinhos and brigadero. The pictures were taken by Chris


Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: