The food coloring spray is just what it sounds like, it's a little can of spray paint of eatable food coloring. It comes in 8 different colors, this past week I tried using the red. I covered the cake with basic vanilla buttercream icing than sprayed it. I only sprayed it lightly, so my cake turned out kind of pink, but darker than the picture turned out.
I also used the garland maker. What it does is it gives you an easy way to measure your cake and mark where your garland will go. You can have it be any size you want, so it's pretty cool.
My cake didn't bake evenly, I am not sure why, so the garland wasn't as perfect as I would like as it'a hard to have things equally spaced on an uneven surface. I also didn't ta
In the next few weeks I plan on trying out one new cake related thing along with a new experience each week.
My other experience for the week was giving in and letting Justin get a PS3. We have had a wii for 2.5 years now and since before we got it Justin has been talking about a PS3. He has been working a ton of over time and as I figured a Blu-Ray player would be nice and Target had a good offer, I gave in. I haven't played any games but I have watched a blu ray movie and I have to say it does make a difference. I don't plan on changing my whole movie collection to Blu-ray but will start thinking about getting new movies on Blu-ray. Justin has really been enjoying the new system. So, that's all that really matters.
Thanks for reading!
Larissa :)

No comments:
Post a Comment