Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 19: Photo shoot, Cinco de mayo, first class

This past week was a big week, filled with three new experiences. To start the week on Sunday I got Ashlee, who takes amazing pictures, to come visit and take pictures of Justin, my brothers and I for Mother's day. We went to Tobacco Campus downtown to take the pictures. Tobacco Campus is located right next to the Durham Bull parks. It's a beautiful area, great to spend some time outside or enjoy drinks or a meal. I wasn't expecting much, as it's always hard to get a good family picture. My 2 youngest brothers weren't very happy with the idea but in the end we had a lot of fun. And we ended up with some really amazing pictures. Thanks again Ashlee!!


On Tuesday, Katie was having a Cinco de Mayo party. I had never been to a Cinco de Mayo party so it was something fun to do.

The proceeds from drinks went to help build a playground for an orphanage in Transnistria. It was fun to get together, meet some new people, especially for a good cause. Katie got a plastic bowling set for the party, so we even got some bowling in, as it was bowling wiigue night.


The biggest new experience of the week was this past Wednesday I got to teach my first cake decorating class! It's been a few months in the works, and I am not officially teaching courses at Michaels.
The class went really well. I wasn't as nervous and I thought I would be, and had a really good time teaching. I have 5 students, which I think is a good size class. I should have plenty of time to help each student without having to rush through things. The students seemed to have fun too, which I think is really important.
This month I am teaching course one, and should be adding more courses in the months to come. I am looking forward to see where this go, it's a fun way to work on my skills and make some extra cash.

Thanks for reading!

Larissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment