Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 5: Made Justin a scrub hat

Ever since Justin started working at duke, 7 months or so ago, he has been looking for scrub hats. He has one he really likes and a couple others he uses. Several years ago I got a sewing machine for Christmas that has mostly just been used for crafts up to this point. So, when Justin asked if I could make him a hat I figured it was worth a try.
We went to Walmart to look at fabric and he picked out the Wolf Pack print he wanted. I have never made anything from a pattern nor have I ever made a pattern so I got some help. Katie sews a lot more than I do, so when she came over for dinner the other night (to test out our new deep fryer, this one even has a basket! ) I got her to help me figure out a pattern. She ended up making the pattern while I sat and watched.
The first attempt came pretty close, a little too long but not bad. Today, I made a new hat and it turned pretty good. I'm sure the next one will be better, but that will have to wait until I get more fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment