Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 4: Part 2, RENT

After a great long weekend in NYC, we came back without seeing a show. Right after we got back I found out that RENT was going to be here in Durham. I had tried to get tickets to RENT last year while I was in NYC, but that didn't happen. So,having never been to the new Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), we decided to go check it out.
We knew that Chris (one of the few people from H.S. I keep up with, who we like to hang out with whenever we can) was interested in checking out DPAC as well so we decided to go check it out Saturday. We go there too late for the lottery, which we weren't really expecting we would get. But, we did find out that an hr before the show tickets go on sale for 1/2 price. So we called mellow mushroom to order lunch and waited in line for an hour to buy half price tickets. We ended up getting balcony tickets for $24.50! The seats where pretty good, we could see everything well, and the price was hard to beat.
For the show it self, it was great. I had never seen RENT, I had only seen the movie. I really enjoyed. I am really glad we decided to go see it as there is no telling if the show will ever come back to Durham and unfortunately, it's no longer on Broadway.
While we were there we decided to get tickets for another show that will be coming to the DPAC, so that will be another experience I'll write about in March.
No pictures are allowed in the DPAC so later I'll take a picture of my ticket and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment