
This past weekend I had the pleasure to go to NYC once again for my birthday. Justin and I flew in early Saturday morning and left Monday night. So week 3 and 4 are both new experiences I had in NYC. This was my fifth trip to NYC in 3 years, I love to the city and had the great pleasure to meet up with some great friends. The experience of week 3 was the Intrepid Sea, air and space museum. The Intrepid is an aircraft carrier that has been transformed into a museum
This was one of the things Justin wanted to do while we were in the city so I figured we decided to go Saturday morning. So after getting into the city and meeting up with Diego we headed to the museum. On the way we ate at Market Diner, a cute little dinner right near the museum. The Diner had some of the best french fries I have ever had, and I love french fries! After Lunch we walked a couple more blocks to the museum. Of course, we had to pick the coldest day we were in town to go visit a museum that is mostly outdoors (with the wind chill it was about -12F) . Even with the cold weather and almost frozen toes (aloe socks and below freezing temperatures do not go well together!), it was a great museum. Justin really enjoyed looking at all the air planes and it was cool to get to see what accommodations inside a air craft carrier is like. If you are ever in the city while it's warmer I would recommend the Intrepid.

After the Museum we went to check into our hotel, Hotel Pennsylvania right outside of the Madison Square Garden. I forgot to take pictures of the hotel but we really enjoyed staying there. It was right next to a subway station, in the center of Midtown, clean, comfortable and pretty cheap for NYC. After getting to relax for a little while we got to do something else I hadn't done. I got to meet up with Helena, my best friend from childhood that I hadn't seen in almost 12 years! I also got to meet her boyfriend. (I'll post a picture in the next experience as she was a part of it) I think that is all for experience 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment