Typically I have been trying to have one new experience as well as a baking experience. But this week my baking experiment was more important to me than most of the experiences I have had so far this year. This past week I had the honor of making Karen and Mike's cake! Karen has been one of my favorite people since I meet her at UNCG. When her and Mike got engaged and were looking for someone to make their cake I couldn't wait to offer my services.
They were excited to have a friend do their cake. We had a couple meetings to figure out exactly what they wanted.
Karen is not your typical girly girl so I knew this was going to be a fun cake to make. They ended up deciding on a 4 tiered cake: Vanilla cake, dyed green, chocolate butter cream filling and covered in chocolate fondant. The details were of course Karen's favorite color: Green!
This was the first time I made a 4 tier cake. It took a good bit of work, lots of time but it was worth it. The chocolate fondant was harder to work with then regular fondant. But it tasted really much yummier than store bought regular fondant.
Karen and Mike really liked the cake which is the biggest compliment I could have!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome job!
ReplyDelete