My other experience this week was going to a small private concert. Susanne's birthday was earlier this week and for her birthday party her brother got her favorite artist, Kristen Hersh, to come play a small concert for her friends. There were maybe 20-25 of us there. I didn't know Kristen Hersh's music before last night, but it was a lot of fun. Justin was on call last night so I went with Margie and Christine.
To the baking experiences this week:
I had quite a few new baking experiences this week, the first was a cake for Bible Jump off. Bible jump off is a bible study a group of people from church do with kids from the neighborhood around our church. I'll be doing a cake a month so they can celebrate the kids birthdays.
The next on was Susanne's cake. I got the idea for this cake after watching a wedding cake show a couple months ago. I immediately decided this was the cake I would do for Susanne, even though she didn't know she was getting a cake. The circles are made of royal icing. It was pretty time consuming but I really enjoyed making this cake. I am hoping to have an excuse to making a multi tiered one using circles. I also made cupcakes with the same color scheme and circles for the party but forgot to take pictures of those.
After both of those cakes were done I had another cake other to make.
This time it was a bowling themed party. The mom requested a bowling cake and bowling ball cookies with each of the girls names for party favors. This was fun to make as this was the first time I got to use my bowling pin pan. I also realized decorated sugar cookies take much more work than I expected, so I'll be readjusting my prices. I still can't believe I get paid to bake and decorate!
Thanks for reading!

Yea! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete