I've been looking for fun, random, new experiences this year. When Justin's grandma mentioned wanting to go to a corn maze I knew I couldn't turn it down. So, this past weekend we decided to go. This is what the layout of the maze looks like.

Justin's grandma didn't think she could go through all of the USA so we went through parts of it.
We had a really good time and would do it again. Next time I may also want to do one without a map.


(Justin with his grandma and aunt Zana)
This weeks baking experiments was a new order.
The mom was looking for several things for a tea party. The first thing she wanted was 15 petit fours to match the colors of the paper flower lanterns they got for the tea party.

The second thing she wanted were Flower cookie pops to give out as part of the goody bags and to make center pieces for the tea.

The last thing she wanted was a cake for Fleming to celebrate with her family. Fleming wanted a white cake with hot pink and red stars as well we purple daisies.

I have a lot of fun trying out new things. The petit fours were really challenging as it took me 3 different recipes to find a coating icing that would work well for what I needed (Thanks Katie for helping me find an icing that worked well). But, at the end of the day I now know how to make cookie pops and petit fours.
Thanks for reading!
Ooh! I love corn mazes! You should try one in the dark-those are the best!
ReplyDelete