I had hear about Geocaching from April, who had done it as her last new experience last year. Michelle had also wanted to try it, so Big-Break was a great place to do it at. Several of the UNC-G cru guys are really into geo caching so we decided to do a group geocache on our free night.If you have no idea what Geocaching is check out the official website.
I didn't really know what to expect. I was told it was like a treassure hunt for grown-ups with GPS systems. There was a cache near the resort we were in, w
alking distance from where we were staying, so that's where we started. It was a medium size cache and it was an easy skill level.After finding this cache, a smaller group of us decided to keep going and find more caches. I had no idea I would enjoy geocaching. And, I was very surprised to find out I am good at it. We did all the searching at night and with 2 flash lights it made it a little diffucult, but still fun none the less. I have never been good at sports, so it was fun to keep up with the guys for once. In total over 2 days we found 7 caches, 5 of which I found! The guys were pretty impressed and said I am a natural. Some of them took
a while to find them, but I think that's part of what makes it fun. In total we found 2 micro, 1 medium and 4 smalls.Unfortunally, to geocache you need a hand held GPS, and they are kind of pricy. I am hoping to find one I can borrow so Justin and I can try it out in Durham. Hopefully I'll find one to borrow and in the future we can invest on a GPS.
I don't know when my next geocaching experience will be, but I am looking forward to it!
Thanks for reading!
Larissa :)

No comments:
Post a Comment