Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 10: Road trip to Panama City Beach

This past week I got to help out with Big-Break 09, Crusade's spring break in Panama City Beach.
Michelle usually drives her car but, as she has to drive to Colorado this summer we took my car, Sally. This was Sally's first road trip outside of NC. It was a long almost 12 hour trip with stops for gas and food, but it was a good road trip. We left HPU around 1 and arrived afternoon. We took Justin's parents' GPS system. We named her Barbara. She made our trip really easy. I had directions and maps for all the cars but didn't need to use them. I had never used a GPS, and really enjoyed getting to play with it. I am looking forward to having one someday.
The week long trip was pretty great. Big-Break is a week long conference, we have meetings in the morning, outreach in the afternoon, evening meeting, group time, lots of fun activities, etc.
We had the chance to talk to a bunch of students out of the beach, use different tools like the amazing soularium, kgp, and survies. And as with every Cru conference, get to learn more about God and ourselves.
During the trip I also got to have a new experience, which I'll write about in my next blog.

Thanks for reading!

Larissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment