After our time in Canada we came back across the board in Vermont! Vermont is one of the many states on our trip I had never been to before. We had 3 stops in Vermont, the first was Henry's diner. Henry's diner is another one of the DDD locations.



After our yummy lunch we headed to Ben & Jerry's!! The tour was short and cute. You watch a video about how Ben & Jerry's started, see how they make the ice cream and then taste some ice cream!



After the tour we went to explore the flavor Graveyard. This is where the retired flavors go. Some of them were really odd, while others sounded really yummy.


After Ben & Jerry's we headed to the Cabot annex. Vermont has TONS of cheese factories. Before our trip I did some research and found one of the places known for Cheddar cheese, one of the my favorites, was only a mile down the road from the Ben & Jerry's factory. This place was much smaller than we expected but I highly enjoyed it! They make amazing cheese! I tried something like 12 different types of cheese, most of them cheddar. If I had a cooler and a way to bring cheese back home I would have gotten tons of cheese. My favorite was the sundried tomato herb cheese, if anyone comes across it locally please let me know!!

We were originally going to camp in Vermont, but the rain changed our schedule. Instead we kept driving and found a hotel at the very tip of New Hampshire which put us ahead of schedule for the rest of the trip.

Coming up next: Massachusetts, RI, and NY
Thanks for reading!
I wonder if my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor is in the Flavor Graveyard? In college, there was a flavor called "Bovinity Divinity" with white chocolate ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and white chocolate and chocolate lil' cows mixed in. Haven't seen it since my days at Wake. :-(
ReplyDelete