During the trip we kept a short blog with what we were doing on a daily basis, but now I am going to take the time to blog in more detail. (it may take me a while to do but hopefully it won't)
A little background on our trip:
About an year ago we started talking about taking a road trip somewhere. During wiigue I started to play around and found out that it was only about 10 hours from here to the Canadian side of Niagar Falls. At that time Spiderman was supposed to be on Broadway by this time so that's how the planning began with the idea of going to Canada and stopping by NYC on the way back.
A couple months ago we started to book hotels and make more detailed plans while leaving some room for changes along the way.
Katie was thinking about join Justin, Chris and I on the trip but wasn't able to commit to the whole trip so Fweduel joined us so Katie could stay updated on the trip till she was able to join us in NYC.
So now to the trip it self:
We started our journey on Thursday May 27. On Thursday we (Chris and Justin as I didn't do any of the driving) drove to Ohio. We stopped for dinner in West Virginia as I had never been to West Virginia. There weren't many options where we were so we ended up eating at Applebee's
After dinner we continued with our Journey to Ohio, our first stop. We were very glad we decided to leave mid afternoon and didn't have to drive through West Virginia during the day. There was TONS of construction but luckily there was basically no traffic as it was so late in the day. I was also very thankful that I don't get car sick as there is so much up and down and left and right on the mountain roads.
We finally made it to our hotel around 2:30 am, little did we know it would be another almost half hour before we would get into our room! When we got to the hotel Justin went to check us in as we figured there was no need for all of us to go in until we knew where the room was and where we should go in. Once Justin got the keys Chris and I loaded the bags into a cart and went in while Justin parked. When we walked in the lady at the front desk asked if we were with Justin and asked us to wait for him to get back. When Justin got back she informed him that his online reservation guaranteed him a room but not a specific kind of room and that he was in a single room. She then went on to give us another room. When we got to it there was tape on the door and the room was latched from the inside.
We were all super tired so we slept really well.
In the morning we had a quick Geocache stop then we headed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! The museum wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting to have some part of the museum by like an yearbook in where they would tell us who got accepted in what year and why. There wasn't any of that! There was one movie that talks about the inductees but it wasn't running while we were there. The Museum is filled with all sorts of music artifacts, which was cool to look at. But some of it didn't make much sense like Snoop Dog things. We were a little confused as it's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame not just a music museum. There was also no definition of what Rock and Roll is. But, we had a good time and enjoyed the Museum.
For Lunch we had to the first out of 5 Diner, Drive-in and Dives locations on our trip.
On our way to the Parkview Nite Club we passed by the Largest Rubber Stamp (one of the things from roadsideamerica.com). There wasn't a good place to park and there was some sort of protest going on so we were happy to just see it from the car.
In Buffalo our plan was just to get a good night's sleep and head to Canada early the next day. We had no idea we would enjoy Buffalo so much! Our hotel was right in the middle of down town Buffalo and as we had plenty of day light left we decided to go explore downtown before heading to our next DDD location for dinner.
We really enjoyed walking around enjoying the architecture. Chris enjoys taking pictures of corner stones and there were tons of corner stones to take pictures of! Some times Justin helped to block some sunlight:
We had diner at Lake Effect Diner in Buffalo. The diner looked just like what I imagine when I think about a 50s diner. It was pretty empty as it was after 9pm. The boys had breakfast food and I had an herb grilled chicken sandwich
After our late dinner we headed back to the hotel to get some rest before heading to Canada in the morning.
I'll blog about Canada soon,
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment