Saturday, April 17, 2010

14. 3D cake!

How to make a 3D vodka bottle cake:

Step 1: make 12 6in cakes, 3 recipes of bailey's butter cream and a batch of rice krispy treats

Step 2: Nail a wooden support to your base

Step 3: Start layering the cakes and add in extra support


Step 4: Add the rice krispy top

Step 5: Ice the whole thing

Step 6: cover in fondant and decorate.

Sounds simple but covering this cake with fondant was much harder than I expected.
I am happy with how the details turned out. This project was a nice learning experience, I did find out that my cakes are too moist to work well for a shaped cake. So, next time, if there is a next time, I will have to find a drier cake to work with so it will keep it's shape better.

No comments:

Post a Comment