This past weekend we were supposed to celebrate Lou's, Justin's grandma, birthday. But, because it was supposed to snow in yadkin county we had to reschedule. It turned out we didn't really get much bad weather at all so Justin's parents decided to go visit Tyler as he had the day off. We decided to join them as we had no set plans and we hadn't gone to visit him yet.
Tyler moved to Charlotte last fall and it just hadn't worked out for us to go visit him yet. The drive is not too bad it's only about 2.5 hours from Durham. We hung out at his apartment for a while, then decided to go get an early dinner and go to the Bobcats game.
We went to Brixx's for dinner. I had the roasted chicken pizza, it was pretty good. The best part of dinner was the dessert. Usually, desserts look really good on the menu but are disappointing when you actually try them. This was not the case this time. I decided to try out the raspberry chocolate mouse cake. It was really yummy! I was very pleasantly surprised.

After dinner we drove around downtown Charlotte for a little bit so Justin could see where the new Nascar hall of fame museum is going to be. We got tickets for the game and headed to our seats. The seats were pretty far up but we could still enjoy the game. The bobcats played against New Orleans. Unfortunately, my camera died and I didn't get to take any pictures of the game. The game was enjoyable but the Bobcats lost.
I hadn't been to Charlotte in years and I am looking forward to getting to go back and get to know the area more.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment