Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 17: Cru end of year cookout and peppermint oil

This past Saturday I had the pleasure to go to the end of year crusade cookout. The triad cru has been doing cook outs for years, but I hadn't been to one. So, Saturday afternoon Justin and I headed to Greensboro. He dropped me off, and went to hang out with his cousin.
It was really great to see some old, and some new friends. We played games, talked and got to catch up, which I really enjoyed.
By the end of the night I had a pretty bad headache. On a different note, I have been trying to give up caffeine, I have had the total of like 2 sodas in the past 2 weeks, if you know me at all you know this is a big deal. So, I have had a headache pretty much for the past two weeks (today has been my first headache free day so far!). I am not trying to give up soda once and for all, but I want to get to a point in where I can function without it.
So, being the cookout was at Pete and Cara's, who are known for the weird natural diets, I decided to ask Cara for one of her nature headache cures. She said she does occasionally take modern medicines, like tylenol or advil, but she offered me one of the nature cures: Peppermint oil. She explained that peppermint oil is save to put straight on the skin, while some others are not. So, she put a drop of peppermint oil on my wrist and I rubed it it. It smelled good, but it didn't really help my headache. Ofcourse, even advil doesn't do much for my headaches most days.
So, I don't know that it was a fair introduction to healthy chemical free medicine, but it was a start.

I ended up only taking a picture of the adorable Faith at the cookout, but as soon as other people post their pictures I'll put more up.



thanks for reading!

Larissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment