For the past 3.5 years I have gotten to volunteer with Crusade and help out with Fall Retreat and Spring break trips which has been amazing. Every year there is a dance on the second night of Fall Retreat and there is always a different theme. This year the theme as villains and superheroes. We were encouraged to pick an existing superhero/villain or to make one up.
I couldn't think of one I wanted to be so I decided to make one up. As I love to bake and my main "job" at fall retreat is to help run the kitchen I decided to be "Super Baker".
I have been wanting to try making my self an apron so was the perfect time to try it out. I decided to make myself a cute apron and a cape, every superhero needs a cape!
I decided to go to Walmart to find some cheap fabric as I didn't know how well it was going to turn out. I found a cute white and yellow checkered pattern in the $1.50 section, then got 2 squares of cute prints, some ribbon and of course some black shiny material to make my cape.
I am really happy with how the apron turned out
As the super baker I decided my symbol would be a cupcake
And here is a picture of my and April (the one who is getting married in December and inspired me to do my year of experiences)
My baking experiment of the week was my first ever baby shower cake!
Julie, who was my college roommate my last year at UNC-G, contacted me about doing a baby shower cake for her sister's shower.
Having never done a baby shower cake before I was really excited to do it.

Beautiful cake! I love it!
ReplyDelete