For a few months now I have been helping Ashlee plan her wedding. We came up with ideas for center pieces, made them, bounced ideas for the wedding in general and this past weekend was the big day.
I have always enjoyed helping out with wedding stuff but this time was the first time it really felt like I could be a wedding planner/director. Friday night Abby and I had a lingerie party for Ashlee at Abby's house. It was a lot of fun to plan and I think everyone had a good time.
Saturday morning Ashlee and I went to pick up the flowers and I got to make her and Abby's bouquets and the guys boutonnieres. I have done bouquets before but this was my first time working with Hydrangeas. I didn't have my camera but I am trying to find a good picture of how they turned out.
Saturday afternoon I got to run the rehearsal then we had the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was a lot of fun, I got the meet all the family and family friends, I think everyone had a great time.
Sunday morning was time to get all the last minute things figured out and everything set up for the wedding.
Sunday I did more running around (in 3 inch heels) than I have ever done before. I got to help set up, get whatever the photographer needed, help sit people, locate people, help the caters, anything that could fall to someone other than the bride or groom I was there to help with.Sunday morning was time to get all the last minute things figured out and everything set up for the wedding.
By the end of the weekend I was really worn out but it was fun to get to get to play wedding director.
This week was super busy so I didn't get to do much with baking. I did do a test trial for a lego cake coming up. I didn't have time to decorate it so I let the boys cover it in icing before they go tot eat it.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment