Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 26: Starting a cake site and more fondant

Since I started making cakes I have had people ask me if I sell my cakes. I have made many cakes for birthdays but have never sold any of them. Since I started teaching I have realized how much I really love making cakes. I also will be having the pleasure of making wedding cakes for 2 of my friends as their wedding gifts. So, I have started to bake, A LOT, there are lots of new cakes I want to try out. In the past week I have had 2 different people ask me if I would be willing to do cakes for them. After some thinking I have decided to take the advice of several people, start a simple site and see what happens.

I am really excited at the idea of getting to make cakes for other people's special occasions as I am sure the people around me are all getting sick of cakes.

This weeks experiment was a simple fondant covered, and fondant cut out cake for one of my students. It was her birthday yesterday so we decided to have a little surprise celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment