Monday, June 15, 2009

Week 24: Etsy

This past weekend IBS (Intergalactic Bead Show) was back in town. Angelique and I were excited to go back. This time we made a list of things we wanted to buy to go with things we already had. This time around we had a better idea of what was a really good deal and which things weren't. We both had an idea of a budget, but we found so many great deals that we quickly gave up on our budgets. Once we got home Saturday, we found our selves with tons of new material to go along with things we already had. We got started on making things and soon we ended up with a couple dozen items. So, we started thinking. I've enjoyed making jewelry for the past 5 or 6 years, and often have been asked why I don't sell it. Angelique has also been making jewwlry for a while so we decided to check out Etsy.
If you don't know Etsy, it's a wonderful website with all sorts of crafts, supplies, and vintage items. I have found some great things through Etsy in the past, so we decided to check out what the details are. Ofcourse, they charge a fee for you posting and selling things on their site. The prices are really reasonable so we decided to start a site. Our site is angelshore.etsy.com . We currently have like 25 items up for sale but will add to it as we make more things. We are also happy to take requests for items and will start making earings soon.
We are hoping things will sell so we can get more supplies to make more things. If not, it's a fun hobby to have and we'll just have a lot of pre made gifts, lol.

This weeks food experiment was a birthday cake for Angelique. I recently bought a new tool, I am buying a lot of new toys. This week it was the Wilton floral garland tool, which cuts out little shapes and attaches it straight to the cake.
I also experimented with painting fondant with food coloring and glitter. The glitter experiment didn't work too well and I was using fondants I had colored. But, the food coloring "paint" worked out pretty well for a first try I think.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment