Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 7: Mac and Cheese

Growing up in Brazil I was never introduced to American kid staples like grilled cheese, pb&j and Mac and Cheese. Now, I love grilled cheeses and can't stand pb& J (I don't really like peanut butter, and I don't jelly either, so it's no surprise I don't like them together).
But, up to last night I had never had mac and cheese. Justin had been wanting to go to the Noddle Company, which we had never been to. So, I figured what better place to try mac and cheese than a restaurant that is all about noodles. Food network had also mentioned that their mac and cheese was one of their most popular dishes.
I have stayed away from mac and cheese to this point because I was afraid it would be too creamy. I was told, by several people, that real, homemade mac and cheese is actually very good and not creamy.
Unfortunately, my fear was true. The mac and cheese was way too creamy. I ate some of it, it was nothing all at exciting and I don't plan on ever ordering mac and cheese from the Noodle company again. (Justin's noodles with chicken however were really good, and Chris really enjoyed his Asian inspired vegetarian noodles as well).
I am not letting this one experience with mac and cheese ruin mac and cheese for me. One of these days I'll attempt to make it baked mac and cheese at home and see how it turns out. But, for now I'll stick to my usual pasta preferences: Noodles with tuna and olives, or plain noodles with chicken or steak.
On a side note if you have never been to the Noodle company it's a really cool place. You order whatever type of pasta or salad you would like, and they will add whatever you want to it. They have several types of chicken, steak, and tofu. Then when it's ready they will bring it to your table.

No comments:

Post a Comment