Tuesday, May 18, 2010

20. Discount Tire / driving update

Next Thursday we leave on our Roadtrip!! We've been planning this for a long time and are super excited it's finally almost here! There will be many blogs about it I am sure!
One of the things we decided to get done before our trip was the get the oil changed and the inspection done. We took Sally, my civic, to AAA to get it done. After leaving the car there over night as we hadn't made an appointment. I got a call from AAA they told me they had good news and bad news. Good news was basically everything looked good with the car, bad news was we needed new tires before it would pass inspection- BOO!!
AAA didn't have the tires we needed so they suggested we go to Discount Tire at the other end of the parking lot. I know nothing about tires, so I just went online to their website to look at what our options were. We ended up deciding on the Pirelli tires for my car. They come with an 85,000 mile warranty and a rebate! The Discount tire people were AWESOME!! They got it done in less than 45 minutes, and their warranties are pretty amazing. If anything happens to any of the tires they will replace it at any of their locations. If something happens when we are somewhere that doesn't have a discount tire they will reimburse us!
We had a really great experience with them and will definitely be taking our other car there when we need to get tires. And my new tires are soooooo amazing! Justin laughed at me when I got home and told him it was like Sally floats now.
So, with new tires and an appointment at AAA I took the car in for an inspection and we are set for the road trip! If you need to get anything done at AAA I suggest calling and making an appointment! They work much faster that way and if you live around here you can just go to Target while they are getting things done.

I believe this would be a good time to update everyone on how the driving is going. I have now been driving a little over 7 months now. I enjoy it, especially with my awesome new tires.
I still haven't driven on anything bigger than 15-501 and 54. I am not avoiding bigger highways because I am afraid driving fast, I am afraid of other drivers. There are A LOT of stupid drivers out there! And people don't use their turn signals! Your car has turn signals! You should use them!!! That's my biggest annoyance with driving people who don't use their turn signals! Oh and people that just pull out in front of you! I don't care what kind of time crunch you are in, you should wait your turn! I should not have to slam on my breaks to avoid running into you! Sorry, people annoy me. And I won't even get started on parking lots!
Overall, I am really enjoying driving. It's great to get my errands done while Justin is at work. I also run a lot of errands with Lili, the youngest of the kids I babysit on a regular basis. Lili loves to shop so we often go grocery shopping, go to Target or whatever before we go pick up Eva from preschool, which means I now have 2 car seats in my car.
I enjoy the GPS Justin's parents got me. It's good to know that when I go somewhere I haven't been before the GPS can get me there. Of course, the planner in me still looks up directions and writes them down before going anywhere.
I've also learned I like to drive bare foot. That's about it.

In summary:
Discount tires = awesome
driving= enjoyable, especially with good music
turn signals= there for a reason!!

thanks for reading!

Larissa :)

1 comment:

  1. I concur completely about the turn signals!! I always use mine and they are quite effective in letting others know what is happening. However, some people apparently don't understand what a turn signal is or means. Some lady laid on her horn behind me today when I slowed down to make a turn that I had clearly turned on my signal for. Silly drivers!!

    ReplyDelete