I have enjoyed scrapbooking for several years and I love looking through pictures. For a long time now I have been meaning to try to put together a scrapbook with pictures of my childhood. When we moved from Brazil we left our albums with my dad's family and they some how all got damaged and thrown out. So what I have left to work with are a little over 100 pictures grandma has and a box of negatives (that my dad sent me many years ago). This week I started the long process of individually scanning the pictures my mom and grandma have. I figured this would take a while but had no idea just how big of a project this was going to be. They are all on the computer now, on a back up CD and on Snapfish as I want to make sure they are not lost again. I have started to scrapbook them. It's been a lot of fun so far to go through the old pictures and get to scrapbook pictures begining with when mom was still pregnant. Unfortunally, there are tons of things missing. For example we have pictures of my first birthday but the rest of my birthdays are missing. The next phase of this project will be to get a negative scanner, upload all the negatives (100s of them), get them all printed then scrapbook it all. It's going to be a long process but I am looking forward to it. It will also be fun to get to sit down with my mom and figure out how old I was in the pictures what she remembers from them etc.
Here is one of my favorites so far:

The baking of this week was Kate's cake. I have been babysitting Kate and Luca for a couple years now. I decided to go with a simple multi color flowers:

Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment