Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 31: Christmas in July

Last December we had talked about how it would be fun to have an ugly Christmas sweater party. But, because it was already close to Christmas and we had a lot going on we decided to postpone the party and have it in July.
We had a great time with it. When I do things I like to do them to the best of my abilities so I decided to decorate the house. Starting with the outside:
We usually get a "real" Christmas tree so I borrowed Margie's 3 little trees. We also brought out the stockings, candles, etc.























We listened to Christmas music and played white elephant. Of course, the highlight was the Christmas Sweaters

The prize for the ugliest sweater was an ugly sweater cake. I had a lot of fun making this cake.

I also had another cake order this week, for a golf themed cake. I really liked how this one turned out. The grass field is a vanilla cake and the ball is a chocolate cake. This one took more work than I expected as I had to dip my little hole tool into a cornstarch/powered sugar mix before each little hole.

As we are going to be in Seattle next week we celebrated David's 10th birthday tonight (I can't believe he's already 10! ) He's really been into soccer tonight so I decided to use the ball pan again. My grass tip was giving me all sorts of problems so I ended up using a star tip for the grass, I think it turned out pretty well.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment